Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Potato Latkes

Lobo
    Lobo

Potato Latkes Empty Potato Latkes

Post by Lobo Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Potato Latkes Img52l
    Potato Latkes
    Potato Latkes Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Grate the potatoes and onions for more robust potato pancakes; dice and puree them for finer-textured results. Serve the latkes with Chunky Applesauce.

Ingredients:

• 6 or 7 large russet potatoes, peeled
    • 2 small onions
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 tsp. salt
    • 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • Vegetable shortening or oil for frying

Related Recipes

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.

Grate the potatoes and onions and place them in a large bowl. Using paper towels, blot up any liquid they have released. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl along with the salt, pepper and enough flour to bind the mixture.

Alternatively, dice the potatoes and onions. Put half of the onions and 1 egg in a blender and puree until liquefied. Add half of the potatoes and puree until smooth but not liquefied. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining onions, egg and potatoes. Combine the batches in a bowl, add the salt and pepper and, using paper towels, blot up any excess liquid. Fold in enough flour to bind the mixture.

In a large, deep fry pan or sauté pan over medium heat, warm 2 inches of melted shortening or oil to 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer. Drop in spoonfuls of batter, 4 or 5 at a time, and cook until the latkes are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the latkes to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining batter.

Serve as soon as the last batch is cooked; latkes will stay crisp for only a few minutes. Makes about 24 potato latkes.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Complete Entertaining Cookbook, by Joyce Goldstein (Time-Life Books, 1998).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am