Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Potato Latkes

Lobo

Potato Latkes

Post by Lobo on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:00 pm

Potato Latkes

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8
Grate the potatoes and onions for more robust potato pancakes; dice and puree them for finer-textured results. Serve the latkes with Chunky Applesauce.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 6 or 7 large russet potatoes, peeled
  • 2 small onions
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • Vegetable shortening or oil for frying

Related Recipes

• Chunky Applesauce >

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.

Grate the potatoes and onions and place them in a large bowl. Using paper towels, blot up any liquid they have released. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl along with the salt, pepper and enough flour to bind the mixture.

Alternatively, dice the potatoes and onions. Put half of the onions and 1 egg in a blender and puree until liquefied. Add half of the potatoes and puree until smooth but not liquefied. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining onions, egg and potatoes. Combine the batches in a bowl, add the salt and pepper and, using paper towels, blot up any excess liquid. Fold in enough flour to bind the mixture.

In a large, deep fry pan or sauté pan over medium heat, warm 2 inches of melted shortening or oil to 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer. Drop in spoonfuls of batter, 4 or 5 at a time, and cook until the latkes are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the latkes to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining batter.

Serve as soon as the last batch is cooked; latkes will stay crisp for only a few minutes. Makes about 24 potato latkes.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Complete Entertaining Cookbook, by Joyce Goldstein (Time-Life Books, 1998).

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 11:43 am