Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fried Garbanzos

Lobo
    Lobo

Fried Garbanzos Empty Fried Garbanzos

Post by Lobo Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm

Fried Garbanzos Img76l
    Fried Garbanzos
    Fried Garbanzos Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Using smoked paprika gives the fried garbanzos a complex, smoky flavor. Look for this variety in stores specializing in Hispanic ingredients. The best varieties are from Spain, where it is known as pimentón. If it is unavailable, substitute Hungarian hot paprika.

Ingredients:

• 2 cans (each 15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    • Olive oil for frying
    • Canola oil for frying
    • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika

Fried Garbanzos Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Marani Kondoli Vineyards Mtsvane-Kisi, Georgia from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Dry the garbanzo beans and heat the oil
    Preheat an oven to 200°F. Arrange a double layer of paper towels on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. On another layer of paper towels, spread the drained garbanzo beans and gently roll to dry them.

Set a heavy fry pan over high heat. Add equal amounts of olive oil and canola oil to reach about 3/4 inch up the sides of the pan. Heat the oil until it reaches 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer.

Cook the garbanzo beans
    Add half of the garbanzo beans to the hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and slightly puffed, 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust the heat to maintain an oil temperature of about 350°F. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the paper towel–lined sheet, season with salt and pepper and keep warm in the oven. Repeat the process with the remaining garbanzo beans.

In a serving bowl, gently toss the warm garbanzo beans with the paprika and serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:17 pm