Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Made with fresh peaches, this homey cobbler captures the essence of summer. Scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream add the finishing touch.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 3 lb. peaches, peeled, pitted and each cut into 8
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown
- 2 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 batch cobbler dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Cobbler Dough >
- Classic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream >
Directions:Preheat an oven to 425ºF.
In a large bowl, stir together the peaches, 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. granulated sugar, the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baker and scatter the butter pieces on top.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the cobbler dough 1/4 inch thick. Tear the dough into 3-inch pieces and place on top of the peach filling. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the 1 tsp. granulated sugar.
Bake the cobbler for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake until the topping is browned, 50 to 60 minutes more.
Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for about 20 minutes. Serve the cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Serves 10 to 12.
- All About Peaches & Nectarines >
- Peeling Peaches