Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Goat Cheese and Shallot Toasts

Post by Lobo on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 14
The addition of sweet cream to soft goat cheese tempers its tanginess while making it light and easy to spread. Pink peppercorns scattered across the top add color and complement the shallots.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1 baguette
  • 5 oz. soft goat cheese, at room temperature
  • 4 to 6 Tbs. heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 or 3 small shallots, minced
  • 3 Tbs. pink peppercorns, smashed

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Marani Kondoli Vineyards Mtsvane-Kisi, Georgia from our Wine Club.

Preheat an oven to 350°F.

Cut the baguette on the diagonal into slices 1/4 inch thick. Arrange the slices in a single layer on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Turn the slices and bake until the other side is lightly golden as well, about 10 minutes more. Set aside.

Put the goat cheese in a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add 1 Tbs. of the cream and mash it in. Continue to add the cream, 1 Tbs. at a time, until you have a soft, mild spread. Mix in the salt and the shallots to taste.

When ready to serve, spread each baguette toast with the cheese and shallot spread and top with several pink peppercorns. Serves 12 to 14.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Christmas Entertaining, by Georgeanne Brennan (Simon & Schuster, 2005).

Current date/time is Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 am