Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola

Lobo
    Lobo

Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Empty Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola

Post by Lobo Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:55 pm

Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Img11l
    Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola
    Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Assertive gorgonzola cheese is a sophisticated counterpoint to naturally sweet fresh figs, which gain a smoky undertone when cooked on an outdoor grill. Salty prosciutto and tart-sweet balsamic vinegar add more intriguing layers to this easy-to-assemble starter, which is best eaten with a knife and fork.

Ingredients:

• 16 firm but ripe fresh mission figs 
    • 2 oz. gorgonzola cheese, piccante or dolce 
    • Canola oil for grilling 
    • 16 paper-thin slices prosciutto di Parma 
    • Aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling 
    • Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling 

Directions:

Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct-heat grilling over medium heat, or preheat a stove-top grill pan over medium heat.

Cut two 1-inch-long slits in the shape of an X across the top of each fig. Stuff each fig with about 1⁄2 tsp. of the cheese and press the sides of the fig together to close.

Brush the grill rack with canola oil. Place the figs on their sides on the grill rack and cook until they begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn the figs over and continue cooking until the cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes more.

Transfer the figs to a platter. Fold each prosciutto slice and stuff inside, drape over or wrap around a fig. Drizzle a little vinegar and oil over the tops of the figs and serve right away. Makes 16 stuffed figs; serves 8.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Appetizers, by Amy Sherman (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:14 am