Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Mussels a la Mariniere (Steamed Mussels)

Post by Lobo on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4
This simple bowlful of shellfish is a classic of Parisian bistros, where crusty bread is always served to soak up the aromatic broth.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 3 1/2 to 4 lb. mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
  • 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 1 small bay leaf
  • 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 4 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • Crusty French bread for serving

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, light-bodied white wines like the Al-Cantàra Occhi Di Ciumi, Sicilia from our Wine Club.

Discard any mussels that do not close to the touch. In a large pot or mussel pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the bay leaf, thyme and wine, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook for about 2 minutes.

If using a regular pot, add the mussels. If using a mussel pot, place the wire grate in the pot and add the mussels. Scatter the parsley over the mussels and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, shaking the pot once or twice, until the mussels open, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened.

Serve the mussels directly from the pot at the table or, using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to 4 warmed soup plates or bowls, dividing them equally. Spoon the broth over the mussels. Accompany with French bread to sop up the juices.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Series, Casual Entertaining, by Joyce Goldstein (Time-Life Books, 1998).

Related Tips

• All About Mussels

Current date/time is Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:00 am