Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Thai Lettuce Cups

Lobo

Thai Lettuce Cups

Post by Lobo on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:28 pm

Thai Lettuce Cups

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 22
Lemongrass is available in many markets, but if you can’t find it, substitute 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice and 2 tsp. grated lemon zest. Add the juice and zest to the pork mixture in the second step.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 3/4 lb. ground pork
  • 3/4 lb. sweet or hot pork sausage, casings removed
  • 4 green onions, white and light green portions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 lemongrass stalk, bulb portion only, trimmed and minced
  • 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
  • 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
  • 2 tsp. soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. Asian fish sauce
  • 2 tsp. sesame seeds
  • 2 or 3 butter lettuce heads, separated into about 22 leaves

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, full-bodied white wines from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Cook the pork and sausage
In a fry pan over medium-low heat, cook the pork and sausage, stirring to break the meat apart, until no trace of pink remains, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pork mixture to a double layer of paper towels and let cool for 5 minutes. Crumble into small bits.

Assemble the lettuce cups
In a bowl, combine the pork mixture, green onions, bell pepper, lemongrass, mint, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame seeds.

Place about 2 Tbs. of the pork mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf. Arrange the cups on a platter and serve immediately. Makes about 22 lettuce cups.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:25 am