Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Crushed Spring Peas with Mint

Post by Lobo on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:33 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a minutes
Servings: 2
As a girl in England, April Bloomfield, chef and author of A Girl and Her Greens, always loved mushy peas, whether they were made the old-fashioned way—from a starchy variety of pea called marrowfat that’s dried and then soaked—or they came straight from a can. Nowadays, however, she prefers this mash made from fresh shelling peas, a twist on the British classic that actually requires less work to make than its inspiration. It’s wonderful spread in a thick layer on warm bread or used as a dip for raw vegetables, like radishes, carrots or wedges of fennel.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 2 lb. (1 kg) fresh English peas, shelled (about 2 cups)
  • 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) grated aged pecorino romano cheese
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Maldon or other flaky sea salt, plus more for finishing
  • 1 small spring garlic clove or 1/2 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
  • 12 fresh mint leaves, preferably black mint
  • 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • Scant 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, plus more for finishing

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a coarse puree, about 45 seconds. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and stir, pressing and mashing the mixture with the back of the spoon until the mixture is somewhat creamy but still a little chunky. Season to taste with more salt and lemon juice (you want it to taste sweet and bright but not acidic). Serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.

Adapted from April Bloomfield, A Girl and Her Greens (Ecco, 2015)

Current date/time is Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm