Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Hummus - Tahini, a stiff paste made from toasted ground sesame seeds, is one of the most important i

Lobo

Hummus - Tahini, a stiff paste made from toasted ground sesame seeds, is one of the most important i

Post by Lobo on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 7:59 pm

Hummus

Read Reviews  

Write a Review  
Prep Time:   20 minutes    
Cook Time:   60 minutes    
Servings:   6  
Tahini, a stiff paste made from toasted ground sesame seeds, is one of the most important ingredients in Middle Eastern cooking. Here it is used to make a garlicky chickpea puree flavored with cumin. If you would like a spicier mix, add a little cayenne pepper. Serve with warm pita or crusty bread.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 1 1/3 cups dried chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
  • 1/2 cup tahini
  • 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3/4 tsp. salt, plus more as needed
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
  • 2 tsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • Large pinch of paprika
  • 6 lemon wedges or radishes
  • 1/4 cup brine-cured black olives, such as Kalamata

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, light-bodied white wines like the Al-Cantàra Occhi Di Ciumi, Sicilia from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Pick over the chickpeas and discard any misshapen chickpeas and stones. Rinse the chickpeas and drain. Place in a bowl, add water to cover generously, and let stand for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.

Drain the chickpeas and place in a saucepan with water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the skins crack and the chickpeas are very tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the heat and drain, reserving the cooking liquid.

In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, the 1/2 cup lemon juice, the tahini, 3 Tbs. of the olive oil, the garlic, the 3/4 tsp. salt and the cumin. Process until a soft, creamy paste forms, adding a bit of the cooking liquid to loosen the texture, if necessary. Taste and add more lemon juice and salt, if needed.

Transfer the puree to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well. Drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Sprinkle with the parsley and paprika. Garnish with the lemon wedges and olives and serve.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Lifestyles Series, Small Plates, by Joanne Weir (Time-Life Books, 1998).

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 4:26 pm