Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
A small food processor makes fast work of dicing the ingredients for this piquant salsa.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 1 Anaheim chili, quartered and seeded
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions:In a small food processor, process the onion to a fine dice. In a small bowl, combine the onion and lime juice and let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the small food processor, working in batches, process the tomatoes to a medium dice. Transfer to a bowl. Process the jalapeños, Anaheim chili, cilantro and garlic to a fine dice. Transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Stir in the onion mixture. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne. Makes 3 cups.