Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Donald Trump and Univision reached a settlement over Miss USA pageant lawsuit

Lobo
    Lobo

Donald Trump and Univision reached a settlement over Miss USA pageant lawsuit Empty Donald Trump and Univision reached a settlement over Miss USA pageant lawsuit

Post by Lobo Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:00 pm

Donald Trump and Univision reached a settlement over Miss USA pageant lawsuit
    Univision has announced that it has reached a deal to settle a lawsuit brought by Donald Trump over the Spanish broadcaster's decision to not air the Miss USA pageant in light of comments made by the Republican presidential candidate.
    Terms of the deal are said to be confidential.
    "I have known Univision's President and CEO, Randy Falco, for more than 20 years and I'm glad we are able to put these differences behind us," said Trump.
    This past Ju
    ne, after Trump made a controversial comment about immigration and referred to some Mexicans as "rapists," Univision backed out of its commitment. Trump proceeded by filing a complaint in New York demanding $500 million in damages for alleged breach of contract. The lawsuit also claimed defamation arising from an Instagram post from a Univision executive who compared Trump to Charleston, S.C., shooter Dylann Roof.
    The dispute, which kicked off a conversation about Trump's hairstyle at a court hearing, was met with Univision's argument that Trump frustrated the purpose of the five-year, $13.5 million Miss USA deal with inflammatory comments. Trump's attorneys argued that Univision was well aware of Trump's colorful history yet included no morals clause.
    The short-lived Trump lawsuit was also notable because of Trump's allegation that Univision colluded with NBCUniversal, which made its own decision to back away from the joint venture it held with Trump over the Miss Universe organization. Univision argued that Trump had no evidence for this besides the timing, which happened as other companies like Macy's, ESPN and Nascar were also distancing themselves from Trump.
    Ultimately, after Univision decided not to air the program, and NBCU distanced itself, the pageant aired on Reelz. Trump then sold Miss Universe to WME/IMG, which in October, came to agreement with Fox to air the pageants.
    The settlement comes after Trump won the New Hampshire primary, and before a judge made any decision on Univision's motion to dismiss.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-and-univision-reached-a-settlement-over-miss-usa-pageant-lawsuit-2016-2?utm_source=feedburner&%3Butm_medium=referral&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider+%28Business+Insider%29

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:09 am