Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Lobo

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Post by Lobo on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24
Purchased corn tortillas may be convenient, but they can’t match the aroma or flavor of the homemade variety. Masa harina, a finely ground flour made from corn treated with an alkaline solution, can be found at most well-stocked grocery stores as well as any market specializing in Latin American products.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 3 cups (12 oz./375 g) masa harina
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) vegetable oil
  • 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) hot water

Directions:

In a large bowl, stir together the masa harina and salt. Stir in the vegetable oil, then slowly stir in the hot water until the dough comes together into a ball. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.

Divide the dough into about 24 balls, about 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) each. Use scissors to cut along the seams of a resealable plastic bag to cut it in half. Place half of the bag on the bottom of a tortilla press and place a ball of dough in the center. Top the dough with the remaining half of the plastic bag and close the press to form a tortilla. Peel the tortilla from the plastic wrap and set aside. Repeat to form tortillas with the remaining balls.

Using a griddle, tortilla comal or cast-iron fry pan over medium-high heat, cook 1 of the tortillas until lightly browned on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the tortilla and continue cooking until the second side is lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Wrap the tortilla in a towel while you continue cooking the remaining tortillas. Makes about 24 tortillas.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 5:37 am