Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Apricot-Ginger Scones

Apricot-Ginger Scones

Post by Lobo on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:01 pm

Apricot-Ginger Scones

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Servings: 6
It’s easy to vary the flavor of these scones. Omit the dried apricots and crystallized ginger and add 3/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries and 1 Tbs. grated lemon or orange zest.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbs. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
  • 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
  • 2/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
  • 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk

Prepare the baking sheet
Preheat an oven to 425°F. Line a rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the dough
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs about the size of peas. Stir in the apricots and ginger. In a bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk until blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir just until evenly moistened. The dough will be sticky.

Shape and bake the scones
Turn out the dough onto a floured work surface and press together gently into a round about 8 inches in diameter. Using a sharp knife, cut the round into 6 equal wedges. Place the wedges on the prepared sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Bake until the scones are golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, let cool slightly and serve warm. Makes 6 scones.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Baking, by Lou Seibert Pappas (Oxmoor House, 2006).

Current date/time is Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm