Be the first to Write a Review
Miniature or full size, these sandwiches are layered with flavor, fun to make and perfect for a bagel brunch party. Just line up the herbed cream cheese, a selection of toasted bagels, the sliced vegetables and the salmon and let guests assemble their own.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbs. drained capers, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 plain, onion, poppy seed or whole wheat bagels
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced very thin
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb. hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- Very thinly sliced red onion (optional)
Directions:In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, dill, chives, capers and lemon juice and mix well. Taste the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Split and toast the bagels. Spread the cut sides of the bagels with the cream cheese mixture, using about 1 1/2 Tbs. on each. Arrange the cucumber slices in a flower pattern on top of the cream cheese on the bottom half of each bagel, placing 1 cucumber slice over the hole.
Divide the salmon evenly among the cucumber-topped bagel halves, then top with the onion slices. Close the bagels and press down gently to secure the filling. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 sandwiches.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Family Meals, by Maria Helm Sinskey (Oxmoor House, 2008).