Cornmeal Waffles with Fresh Stone Fruits
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Lightly sweetened summer stone fruits provide a fresh, juicy foil for these crisp cornmeal waffles.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1 1/2 lb. stone fruits, such as peaches, nectarines, plums and cherries, pitted and sliced (cherries halved)
- 2 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups organic cornmeal pancake and waffle mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving
Directions:In a bowl, combine the stone fruits, vanilla paste and sugar. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the fruits have released some juices and broken down slightly, about 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mix, egg, milk and melted butter until the batter is almost smooth; do not overbeat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Preheat a Belgian waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each well of the waffle maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve the waffles with the stone fruits and whipped cream. Makes about seven 4 1/2-inch waffles.
- All About Cherries >
- All About Peaches & Nectarines >
- All About Plums