By Julia Rutland
The perfect blend of creamy and tangy, this buttermilk dressing turns already-tasty fresh heirloom tomatoes into a delicious treat you’ll want to make again and again.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon total chopped fresh chives, thyme, and/or basil
- ½ small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh herb leaves and cracked black pepper for garnish
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl or jar. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to let flavors meld.
- Serve buttermilk dressing over sliced tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate extra dressing for up to 1 week.