Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race

Lobo
    Lobo

Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race Empty Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race

Post by Lobo Sat 20 Feb 2016, 4:57 pm

February 20, 2016, 05:18 pm
    Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race
    By Ben Kamisar

Hillary Clinton fended off Bernie Sanders to narrowly win Saturday’s Democratic Nevada caucuses.
    Fox News called the race shortly after 5 p.m., and MSNBC and The Associated Press followed moments later.
    The former first lady was projected to be the winner with 52 percent of the vote, while Sanders had 48 percent. About 60 percent of precincts were reporting.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    The victory for Clinton is likely to calm some nerves among her supporters after Sanders closed her lead in polls in the state and nearly pulled off an upset. 
    The two candidates now go to South Carolina for a primary one week from Saturday. Clinton holds a lead in polls in the state, where black voters are expected to be a force.
    In Nevada, Clinton's win comes on the back of a strong showing in the minority-rich Clark County, home of Las Vegas.
    That county has about three-quarters of the state's registered Democratic voters, and it's population is majority-minority according to Census figures. 
    Sanders performed better in the more rural areas of the state with higher white populations. 

But Sanders' supporters are arguing that the tight margin means he can compete across the country, including in states with strong minority populations.

None of the counties that he is leading in have minority populations in line with the white population. But in two counties, Hispanics represent at least 20 percent of the general populations. 
    Nevada's more diverse population was expected to give Clinton an edge; the Vermont senator lost to her by an eyelash in Iowa's caucuses and crushed her in New Hampshire's primary. It was thought that Nevada's large Hispanic population could deliver Clinton a big victory.
    But Sanders ran a tough race against Clinton in Nevada, and will come out of the state able to argue to voters that his campaign is appealing to a broader cross-section of voters.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270079-clinton-beats-sanders-in-nevada
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race Empty Re: Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race

Post by Neno Sat 20 Feb 2016, 5:04 pm

You know I was raised by ol school democrat parents but today it isn't that way. To social, communist, and liberal for me. I thought I was more of a conservative these days but, I believe I had that wrong too. I guess all in all, I'm more of an Independent but I got to find someone I support. I use to lean towards the TEA Party and their candidate, not so sure any more. Being a UNION man most of my life and watching the Democrat's really do nothing other than maybe when my parents were under the ol school democrats belief and truly I am not a radical or extremist republican so I just have to face the fact I'm in the middle...
    Lobo
    Lobo

Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race Empty Re: Clinton beats Sanders in tight Nevada caucus race

Post by Lobo Sat 20 Feb 2016, 5:06 pm

I'm waiting to see who is left after "all is said and done" and then decide.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Sat 20 Feb 2016, 5:39 pm

Lobo wrote:I'm waiting to see who is left after "all is said and done" and then decide.
    Is that the easy way?
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Sat 20 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

hum

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:33 am