Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Post by Lobo on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 9:39 pm

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4
A uniquely New England tradition, johnnycakes are thought to have first originated in Rhode Island. The subtle crunch of cornmeal gives them appealing texture and a bit of heft. This version, embellished with crisp bits of bacon and sharp cheddar cheese and served with honey or syrup, makes a delightful sweet-and-salty breakfast treat.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1 Tbs. canola oil
  • 4 thick applewood-smoked bacon slices, coarsely chopped
  • 1 2/3 cups white cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • Unsalted butter, at room temperature, for serving
  • Honey, pure cane syrup or pure maple syrup for serving

Preheat an oven to 200°F.

In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off and reserve the fat, leaving a film of fat in the pan.

Reheat the fry pan over medium heat until hot. For each johnnycake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip the johnnycakes and cook until golden on the other side, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan with more reserved fat, as needed. Serve the johnnycakes piping hot with plenty of butter and honey. Serves 4.

For a spicier version of these johnnycakes, stir 1 seeded and minced jalapeño chili into the batter.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Breakfast Comforts, by Rick Rodgers (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Mon 24 Oct 2016, 10:14 pm