Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Obama: Economically Successful Israel Makes Middle East Peace More Difficult

Lobo
    Lobo

Obama: Economically Successful Israel Makes Middle East Peace More Difficult Empty Obama: Economically Successful Israel Makes Middle East Peace More Difficult

Post by Lobo Thu 24 Mar 2016, 3:22 pm

Obama: Economically Successful Israel Makes Middle East Peace More Difficult
    Mar. 23, 2016 6:31pm Fred Lucas

[*]

President Barack Obama conceded Wednesday that a two-state solution to bring peace between the Israelis and the Palestinian Authority won’t happen under his administration — and claimed that the failure was, at least in part, due to Israel’s continued economic success.
    The admission came during a town hall forum in Argentina, when Obama told the crowd that “because Israeli society has been so successful economically, it has, I think, from a position of strength, been less willing to make concessions” to the Palestinians.
    Obama: Economically Successful Israel Makes Middle East Peace More Difficult Screen-Shot-2016-03-23-at-5.45.08-PM
    President Barack Obama gestures as he speaks at the Usina del Arte cultural center in Buenos Aires Wednesday. (Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images)
    “On the other hand, the Palestinians, because of weakness, have not the political cohesion and organization to enter into negotiations and feel like they can get what they need — and so both sides just go to their separate corners,” Obama continued.
    He said his administration has worked hard for a negotiated peace, particularly Secretary of State John Kerry.
    “We have worked and worked and worked. Last year and the year before that, John Kerry, that poor man, he was flying back and forth and taking messages back and forth. I was making phone calls,” Obama said. “Ultimately, we can’t do it for them. The tragedy of the situation there is until the population of both people recognize the truth, which is they are going to be living together one way or another. The question is, are you going to be living together with check points and people being stabbed in hatred, or are you going to be living together in a way that creates hope and optimism for your children?”
    He admitted it won’t be one of his accomplishments: “It’s been 60 years it’s not going to happen in the next nine months.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/23/obama-economically-successful-israel-makes-middle-east-peace-more-difficult/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%203-24-16%20FINAL&utm_term=Firewire

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:58 pm