Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Egypt sentences ex-minister, his 2 sons for corruption

Lobo
    Lobo

Egypt sentences ex-minister, his 2 sons for corruption Empty Egypt sentences ex-minister, his 2 sons for corruption

Post by Lobo Sat 28 May 2016, 7:35 pm

Saturday, May 28, 2016 08:00 AM PST

Egypt sentences ex-minister, his 2 sons for corruption

CAIRO (AP) — Egypt’s official news agency says a Cairo Criminal Court has convicted and sentenced former Information Minister Safwat el-Sharif and two of his sons for corruption to between five and 10 years in prison.

The MENA news agency reported Saturday that el-Sharif and his son Ihab were each sentenced to five years. El-Sharif’s second son, Ashraf, was sentenced to 10 years in absentia. The court fined all three a total of 209 million Egyptian pounds, about $24 million.

The court says el-Sharif had abused his power and together with his sons illegally amassed huge amounts of money, along with real estate.

El-Sharif served as information minister and later as speaker of the parliament’s upper chamber, or Shura Council.

He was close to deposed autocratic President Hosni Mubarak.
    http://www.salon.com/2016/05/28/egypt_sentences_ex_minister_his_2_sons_for_corruption/

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:16 am