Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa as a Form of Payment (Canada)

Lobo
    Lobo

payment - Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa as a Form of Payment (Canada) Empty Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa as a Form of Payment (Canada)

Post by Lobo Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm

Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa as a Form of Payment (Canada)

By Kate Musgrove
    June 11, 2016

This morning, Walmart Canada quietly released the news that they would no longer be accepting Visa cards as a form of payment. The press release states that "the fees applied to Visa credit card purchases remain unacceptably high" and that Walmart's commitment to their customers requires them to keep their costs as low as possible. Of course, no consumer is paying directly for the credit card fees associated with their purchase, and it seems unlikely that Walmart will reduce their prices by 1.5% throughout the store once they have stopped accepting Visa.

Walmart plans to stop accepting Visa cards in Thunder Bay, ON stores on July 18 and then roll out the change in phases across the country. It seems unlikely to me that Walmart will sever their relationship to Visa entirely; indeed, it seems much more likely that Walmart is simply pushing Visa to negotiate better fees. (Visa, for their part, released a statement that read, in part, "Walmart made this business decision despite Visa offering one of the lowest rates available to any merchant in the country.")

What do you think is going to happen? Will the whole thing blow over, or are we looking at no longer being able to shop at Walmart with a Visa card? And would the change stop you from shopping there? Vote below or leave a comment and let us know!

http://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-news/2016/06/11/walmart-to-stop-accepting-visa-as-a-form-of-payment/

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:33 pm