Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers. You must log in to see and participate in our Dinar sections.

Your welcome to be apart of Anesis Club (Private) after at least becoming a FREE Rookie in my Network at this link https://www.onelife.eu/signup/nenosplace

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2017

Switzerland withdraws application to join the EU

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 7:49 pm

Proponents of the motion want to bring clarity to EU-Switzerland relations.
By
Hortense Goulard

6/15/16, 6:59 PM CET

Updated 6/16/16, 2:11 PM CET

The Swiss parliament on Wednesday voted to officially withdraw the country’s dormant application to join the European Union.
Following a vote in the lower house, the government will now tell the EU to “consider [the application] as withdrawn,” Swiss Foreign Minister Didier Burkhalter was quoted as saying by the Neue Zürcher Zeitung.

Burkhalter had earlier said the application, which was sent to the European Economic Community in 1992, was already invalid.
In 1992, the Swiss rejected joining the European Economic Area, of which Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein are members, giving them access to the EU single market.
At the time, the Swiss government saw EEA membership as a precursor to joining the EU, and the Swiss application for EU membership has remained dormant ever since.
This article was updated to correct a reference to Swiss voters rejecting EU membership.
http://www.politico.eu/article/switzerland-withdraws-application-to-join-the-eu/

Current date/time is Tue 17 Jan 2017, 8:57 am