Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Rio Declares Financial Emergency Before Olympic Games

Lobo
    Lobo

Rio Declares Financial Emergency Before Olympic Games  Empty Rio Declares Financial Emergency Before Olympic Games

Post by Lobo Sat 18 Jun 2016, 3:02 pm

Rio Declares Financial Emergency Before Olympic Games

Rio Declares Financial Emergency Before Olympic Games  C002436D-FCFF-463D-A26A-90AD3001C08E_w640_r1_s
    Workers are pictured at the construction site of the beach volleyball venue for 2016 Rio Olympics on Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 9, 2016.

VOA News

June 18, 2016 2:08 AM

Brazil's Rio state has declared a fiscal crisis less than two months before the opening of the first Olympic Games to be held in South America.
    The crisis opens the way for the release of emergency funds for the August 5-21 Olympics and the September 7-18 Paralympics to be held in Rio de Janeiro.  Some of the key Olympic projects depend heavily on the state government.
    Francisco Dornelles, Rio's acting governor, said in a statement that the games posed "serious difficulties in delivering essential public services and could even cause a collapse in public safety, health, education, transportation and environmental management."
    When asked how the situation had become so dire, Dornelles said, "What happened yesterday is history. I'm not interested in history. I'm interested in resolving the current problems."
    The fall of global oil prices has thrown Rio state into a financial crunch at the same time Brazil is experiencing a deep recession. Public workers and retirees have suffered months-long delays in receiving their payments.
    http://creditrating.einnews.com/article/331565210/mjr3PmyBAW9olONP

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:58 am