Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Caught at the Canadian border with $7M in Iraqi currency and two handguns, three California men unde

Bama Diva

Caught at the Canadian border with $7M in Iraqi currency and two handguns, three California men unde

Post by Bama Diva on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

Caught at the Canadian border with $7M in Iraqi currency and two handguns, three California men under investigation

Dave Battagello, Postmedia News | Jan 8, 2013 7:46 AM ET

Three family members from California were arrested at the Ambassador Bridge after they were discovered carrying the equivalent of $7-million in Iraqi currency and two handguns.

A joint investigation by the RCMP and Canada Border Services Agency was launched following the Nov. 19 arrest to determine the origin and intent of the three men — who reside in the San Francisco area — after they were found carrying Iraqi dinars.

“I can confirm there is an investigation,” said RCMP Sgt. Peter Koersvelt. “I can’t discuss it at all at this point.”

Jose Berrios, 60, of San Francisco, his brother Jesus, 50, and a third family member Richard Berrios, 31 — believed to be the nephew of one of the men — were released from custody Christmas Eve following a bail hearing in Windsor.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/08/caught-at-the-canadian-border-with-7m-in-iraqi-currency-and-two-handguns-three-california-men-under-investigation/?

csd9013

Re: Caught at the Canadian border with $7M in Iraqi currency and two handguns, three California men unde

Post by csd9013 on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 8:53 am

This might be a dumb question, but it is illegal to have Iraqi dinar?

Franky
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor

Re: Caught at the Canadian border with $7M in Iraqi currency and two handguns, three California men unde

Post by Franky on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

This is whats gunna SURELY be said to your question! its not illegal to have BUT you have to be a LIC. dealer and registered lol! with the US government to import.... watch! lol (and prolly be able to buy a gazzillion at a time too)

wciappetta
NNP TEAM
NNP TEAM

Post by wciappetta on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

You'll most likely discover their weapons were not declared.

Unless the paper reported it correctly and it was actually 7 million USD worth of dinar in that case you have to declare it. If it was undeclared it could all
be forfeited. Yet that amount of dinar is a huge haul and if my math is correct requiring almost 1 plus large standard moving boxes even if they were 25K notes so it would be foolish to try that.

However 7million dinar today falls under the value that would have to be declared. I'm guessing it was the weapons and that they didn't declare them and the RCMP didn't trust them. Most likely the paper mentions dinar because it's unusual to find someone carry them....

But I'll wager they were positioning themselves to avoid taxes either way...

Bringing Weapons Into Canada

Weapons are strictly controlled. Visitors bringing firearms into
Canada, or planning to borrow and use firearms while in Canada, are
required to declare the firearms in writing using a Non-Resident Firearm
Declaration Form.

NOTE: Travelers should be advised that certain knives, even those used for hunting and fishing, may be considered prohibited weapons.

In all cases, travelers must declare to Canadian Customs authorities
any firearms and weapons in their possession when entering Canada. There
are often facilities near border crossings where weapons may be stored,
pending the traveler's return to the United States, but this should be
done before attempting to enter Canada.

NOTE:Canadian law requires that officials seize firearms and
weapons from those crossing the border who deny having them in their
possession. Seized firearms and weapons are never returned.
http://canada.usembassy.gov/traveling_to_canada/bringing-weapons-into-canada.html

duck2000
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Post by duck2000 on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:29 am

@csd9013 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but it is illegal to have Iraqi dinar?
leaving detroit to go to canada with several million in ANY currency will raise eyebrows!

Jerry23
Getting It Investor
Getting It Investor

Post by Jerry23 on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

I heard the RV happened in Canada so they were headed up to cash in. LMAO!!

jthompson78823
Quiet Investor
Quiet Investor

Stolen from People in Reno

Post by jthompson78823 on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 4:38 pm

My wager is the IQD was stolen from people in Reno. Anyone care to take the wager?

Neno
Admin
Admin

Post by Neno on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 4:52 pm

wciappetta before responding to this read your post. Good job bro and your below comment was my exact thought too and the only way to get into trouble is to not declare it but, I think, you can not carry more than $10,000.00 worth in any country with out some sort of permit, license, etc... ;)

But I'll wager they were positioning themselves to avoid taxes either way...

Plus $7M in Iraqi currency is some what over 7 1/2 billion IQD and would fit in a couple suitcases or three. Bet they get it back but possibly fined for violating the $10,000.00 rule. Pay your taxes.... ;)

Ambassador bridge over the Detroit River..

How it looks for trucks and even pedestrians to go thru custom's at the Ambassador bridge....

Promo CODE: Styles

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:22 am

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 10:22 am