Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Zucchini, Poblano and Goat Cheese Frittata

Lobo
    Lobo

Zucchini, Poblano and Goat Cheese Frittata Empty Zucchini, Poblano and Goat Cheese Frittata

Post by Lobo Sun 19 Jun 2016, 6:32 pm

June 11, 2016 | 

Zucchini, Poblano and Goat Cheese Frittata June-11-Zucchini-Poblano-and-Goat-Cheese-Frittata-652x652
    Frittatas are endlessly adaptable. In this Southwestern-style version, the goat cheese adds creaminess and the chiles add zing. For a Mediterranean version, use basil and roasted red pepper instead of the cilantro and poblano chile. For an American-style meal, try it with chives, blanched broccoli and Cheddar cheese. Serve for brunch with a jicama and melon salad sprinkled with New Mexican chile powder.

8 eggs
    3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
    Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
    1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small poblano chile, seeded and thinly sliced
    2 green onions, white and light green portions, thinly sliced
    1 cup (5 oz./155 g), zucchini, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
    1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) fresh goat cheese

Place a rack in the top third of an oven and preheat the broiler. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cilantro with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.

Spray a 10-inch (25-cm) ovenproof nonstick fry pan with cooking spray. Add the oil to the pan and warm over medium-high heat. Add the chile and green onions and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and sauté until tender and wilted, about 2 minutes.

Reduce the heat to low and pour the egg mixture into the fry pan. Distribute dabs of the cheese evenly on top. Cover and cook until the edges set up and the center is just set, 10 minutes. Remove the lid, place the pan under the broiler and broil until the top is lightly browned and puffed, about 4 minutes. Remove the frittata from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.

To serve, slide a rubber spatula under the edges to loosen the frittata and transfer it to a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:43 am