Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Summer Peach Pie

Lobo
    Lobo

Summer Peach Pie Empty Summer Peach Pie

Post by Lobo Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:06 pm

Summer Peach Pie Img12l
    Summer Peach Pie

Prep Time: 45 minutes
    Cook Time: 50 minutes
    Servings: 8
    When peaches reach their peak in summer, showcase the fruit by serving it in this simple yet pretty pie. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to beat the summer heat.

Ingredients:

• 2 rolled-out rounds Basic Pie Dough
    • 2 lb. (1 kg) peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
    • 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
    • 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) sugar
    • 2 Tbs. cornstarch
    • 1/4 tsp. salt
    • Pinch of ground cinnamon
    • 1 egg plus 1 tsp. water, lightly beaten

Related Recipes

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).

Fit 1 dough round into a 9-inch (23-cm) deep-dish pie dish and gently press into the dish. Trim the edges flush with the rim. Refrigerate the pie shell and remaining dough round for 30 minutes.

To make the filling, place the peach slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and toss to coat well. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Add to the peaches and toss to combine. Pile the fruit mixture into the pastry-lined pan.

Transfer the remaining dough round to a work surface and cut out shapes using decorative pie cutters or a paring knife. Lightly brush the edge of the filled pie dish with the egg wash. Arrange the dough shapes on edge of the pie as desired and then brush again with the egg wash.

Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake until the juices are bubbling and the top is lightly browned, about 25 minutes more. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool for 1 hour before serving. Serves 8.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:35 am