Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Cobblers, Crisps and Crumbles

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:40 pm

With berries, apricots, plums and other fruits coming into season, homey desserts such as cobblers, crisps and crumbles are perfect for showcasing summer's fresh bounty. Rustic relatives of the tart and pie, these baked desserts are easy to prepare.

Each begins with a filling that combines one or more types of fruit. The topping for a cobbler resembles sweet biscuits. Often chunks of dough are placed roughly on the fruit before baking so the finished crust has a cobbled look; sometimes the dough is rolled flat and cut into shapes, then placed on the fruit filling and baked. Crisps boast a crunchy crumb topping made from butter, sugar and flour; nuts and rolled oats may be added for texture and flavor. Crumbles, which originated in Britain, are similar to crisps and have a crumbly topping.

Here we feature recipes for these old-fashioned favorites, including a plum crumble, apricot-almond crisp and bing cherry cobbler. Prepared with peak-of-season fruits from your farmers' market, these desserts make a delicious finale to a backyard barbecue.

Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 2:11 am