Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

All About Garlic

Lobo

All About Garlic

Post by Lobo on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:45 pm

All About Garlic

Like the onion, garlic is a pungent member of the Allium, or lily, botanical group. The variety known as Artichoke Garlic is the large, white heads most commonly available. The Purple Stripe, named for the bright, vertical streaks on the bulb’s wrapping, has a rich flavor that takes well to roasting. Elephant garlic, with heads as large as oranges and a surprisingly mild flavor, is actually a variety of leek. Garlic harvested during the middle of the summer will be the freshest and most flavorful.

Green garlic, harvested just before the plant begins to form cloves, is available in the spring. Resembling large green onions with a tinge of pink at the bulb, green garlic has a milder flavor than regular garlic and is excellent in soups and sauces and with roasted vegetables.

Selecting
Choose plump garlic heads with smooth, firm cloves and creamy white to purple-tinged skin. Pass up those with soft, withered spots or green sprouts.

Storing
Whole garlic heads keep well when stored in an open container in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place for up to 2 months. Store green garlic in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

Preparing
Keep garlic in large pieces when adding it to long-cooking braises and roasts. Minced garlic has a hot, more volatile flavor that will disperse quickly. Crushing garlic will release much more of its aromatic oils. Cooking in oil will bring out the flavor of garlic but avoid scorching, as it will taste unpleasantly bitter.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:35 pm