Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Iraqi Kurdistan News in brief – July 11, 2016

rocky

Post by rocky on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:48 am

Posted on July 11, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Iraqi Kurdistan News in brief
[size=13]Kurds struggling under Iraqi Kurdistan govt austerity measures, says MP[/size]
Sulaimani: Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) reforms and austerity measures have increased pressure and financial stress on residents in the region, a member of the Kurdistan Parliament said Sunday. MP Firsat Sofi told NRT the KRG authorities have issued 34 decisions in an effort to manage the ongoing financial crisis plaguing the region, although just 14 have been implemented. Those 14 decisions, Sofi said, have resulted in higher taxes and fees for the region’s residents who have seen chronic delays in salary payments as well as a measure implemented earlier this year that pays civil servants just a percentage of their wages. The KRG has faced an economic crisis since a dispute with Baghdad in early 2014 saw its share of the Iraqi federal budget delayed. Erbil increased independent oil exports in an effort to make up for dwindling payments, further straining relations with the central government. nrttv.com
[size=13]Sulaimani Security forces detain suspect over shooting at KDP headquarters[/size]
Sulaimani: Security forces in Sulaimani announced on Sunday a suspect has been detained over the July 5 attack on the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) headquarters. Sulaimani Asayish said in a statement that security forces arrested a suspect in the neighborhood of Bakrajo following a court order. According to the statement, an investigation is ongoing to determine the reason behind the shooting at the KDP Leadership Council headquarters. Asayish, along with police, began an investigation over the incident after a gunman in a vehicle fired shots at the KDP headquarters on the Sulaimani-Kirkuk Road, the statement said. A security guard at the headquarters was injured in the gunfire, KDP cadre Ata Sheikh Hassan told NRT. The headquarters, located in the neighborhood of Rapareen, has been shot at several times. nrttv.com

[size=13]PUK-Gorran form ‘Hiwa Coalition’ in Sulaimani Governorate[/size]
Sulaimani:Factions of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) and the Change Movement (Gorran) announced during a press conference on Sunday they will work together under the name Hiwa Coalition in the next meeting in the Governorate of Sulaimani. The PUK-Gorran factions said in Sunday’s press conference both factions submitted draft letters to the parties’ joint leadership. “We decided to name it Hiwa (hope) because we and the people are expecting important work from the coalition,” Rekawt Zaky, the head of the PUK faction, said. “We gave a draft letter to the joint PUK-Gorran leadership which explained the naming of the coalition to members of the other governorates,” Zaky said. “If they do not agree, they will freely submit another name of their choice.” nrttv.com
[size=13]Kurdish markets once again bustling with Eid tourists[/size]
Erbil: The flow of tourists visiting Iraqi Kurdistan Region during the three days of Eid holiday this year boosted sales of Kurdish domestic products 50 percent compared to 2015. “Our market is better this year compared to the last year due to an increase in the number of tourists into Kurdistan,” Salar Sadiq, a Kurdish shop owner selling domestic products, told Rudaw. “If I sold my products for 500,000 IQD [Iraqi dinar, around $420] last year, this year my sale has reached 1,000,000 IQD [$840] in a day for sure,” Sadiq explained. Unlike the last two religious holidays, a large number of tourists from the center and south of Iraq came to the Region for Eid al-Fitr, and each family is estimated to have spent around $100 on Kurdish domestic products. “We have come here to buy Kurdish sweets and snacks. They are very good and cheap products and just to buy these products we have spent 200,000 IQD [around $150],” Iniam Abdullatif, an Iraqi tourist, told Rudaw. rudaw.net

http://ekurd.net/iraqi-kurdistan-news-in-brief-july-11-2016-2016-07-11

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 9:49 pm