Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

National Theft Search & Recovery?

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

National Theft Search & Recovery? Empty National Theft Search & Recovery?

Post by Neno Wed 13 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm

I got a notice in the mail from the National Theft Search & Recovery office. It is wanting me to register online for an anti theft tracking system. It states that it comes with anti theft protection DNA labels and decals that are able to track my vehicle back through their database if my car was stolen. It explains putting these decals on different parts of the car and that they will permanently mark the vehicle with an invisible DNA code that law enforcement can track back to me. Is this something legit? It says if I register before a certain time they will waive the $399 fee. Anyone else get this notice shortly after buying their new vehicle?
    KevTX
    KevTX
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

National Theft Search & Recovery? Empty Re: National Theft Search & Recovery?

Post by KevTX Wed 13 Jul 2016, 9:59 pm

Neno wrote:I got a notice in the mail from the National Theft Search & Recovery office. It is wanting me to register online for an anti theft tracking system. It states that it comes with anti theft protection DNA labels and decals that are able to track my vehicle back through their database if my car was stolen. It explains putting these decals on different parts of the car and that they will permanently mark the vehicle with an invisible DNA code that law enforcement can track back to me. Is this something legit? It says if I register before a certain time they will waive the $399 fee. Anyone else get this notice shortly after buying their new vehicle?

I did.  It even says the make of my truck on the outer envelope, GMC.

This is one of the search results:

National Theft Search & Recovery? 1ptransNational Theft Search And Recovery is a Florida Fictitious Name filed on September 22, 2015. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is G15000097117. The company's principal address is 17718 Raintree Ter, Boca Raton, FL 33487.

Another says it was registered just last month.  It's scary they have my middle name too, though.

I'm tossing it.

[EDIT]

I found this from the BBB site, also.

Comment from the Business:***** ***** Our service has no monthly fee. After your registration, there is only a yearly fee of $5.00. For example if you were to keep the vehicle for 5 years your total annual cost would be $5.00 each year totaling $20.00 over the entire time. Each client is sent a paper bill each year. I hope I was able to clarify things for you. We understand how some companies may not look legitimate from the outside but please be cautious when calling one a scam as we strive to help our customers in many ways. Cordially, National Theft Search and Recovery
    by Business on May. 06, 2016

If you are such an up standing and up front company 1) You wouldn't use the scare tactics mailer 2) you would include your yearly fees in your mailer 3) you would not need to defend yourself here.

by Karen A. on May. 06, 2016

I'm still tossing it.
    Ronbo
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Ronbo Thu 14 Jul 2016, 1:43 am

they should also be able to add? Last time I checked..... $5 a year for 5 years was $25. did congress change that too and now it only adds up to $20? 306
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Thu 14 Jul 2016, 4:05 am

Thanks, I did do some research and I realize you can recieve scams from your mail but just wanted to see if the membership had experienced this too. Ty.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Thu 14 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm

Wife's Honda KevTx. Traded in her Nissan, just wanting to add since you said GMC so it's not figure pointed to one manufactor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:30 pm