Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Iraqi Kurdistan News in brief – July 24, 2016

rocky

Post by rocky on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 4:36 am

Posted on July 24, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Iraqi Kurdistan News in brief
[size=13]Former Iraqi PM Maliki reportedly seeks Kurdish support in renewed bid for office: PUK source[/size]
Sulaimani: Iraq’s former Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has reportedly asked two Kurdish groups to join his State of Law Coalition in the parliament in an effort to secure the number of seats needed for a new term in office after he was removed in 2014 following IS takeover of Mosul, sources close to the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) told Rudaw on Saturday. The alleged call for support came during Maliki’s recent trip to Sulaimani in the Kurdistan Region where he had meetings with both the PUK and the Change Movement (Gorran). “Obviously it is no news for us in the Iraqi parliament, this has been going on for sometime,” says lawmaker Renas Jano from the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) which has been at odds with Maliki’s Daawa Party over power sharing and oil contracts since late 2008. rudaw.net
[size=13]Kurdish Peshmerga hit by chemical weapons west of Mosul[/size]
Duhok: Islamic State militants shelled Peshmerga outposts in Tel Afar on Friday with mortars armed with chlorine gas, wounding three Peshmerga. “We breathed in a weird smell yesterday when IS mortars blew up. But today test results confirmed that they [IS] used chemical gas against us,” Naaman Galnaski, a Peshmerga commander told Rudaw. “According to the test results, the injured Peshmerga were wounded by chlorine gas,” he added. The Peshmerga commander revealed that IS fired 25 mortars on the Peshmerga outpost 80 kilometres west of Mosul on Friday. The IS militants have attacked Kurdish Peshmerga on the Gwer front with mustard and chlorine gas before, wounding dozens of Peshmerga. rudaw.net

[size=13]$2.1bn pledged for Iraq, Kurdistan concerned that it may not get its share[/size]
Erbil: Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) is concerned that, while it hosts nearly 2 million internally displaced Iraqis and is a key force on the frontlines in the war against the Islamic State, it will not get its share of the $2.1 billion pledged for Iraq at a conference in Washington this week. “We are talking to the international community to respect the great responsibility that the Kurdistan Region is facing regarding the IS war and the refugee crisis,” Falah Mustafa, head of the Kurdistan Regional Government’s foreign relations department, told Rudaw English. “But Iraq, how much money Iraq has got so far from IMF, from the World Bank, they have not provided anything to the Kurdistan Region. Maybe they have given something to some NGOs or organizations but to the KRG, no.” rudaw.net | Ekurd.net
[size=13]Foreign volunteers boost Kurdish Peshmerga frontline in Kirkuk[/size]
Kirkuk: More than one hundred foreign volunteers are fighting the Islamic State (IS) on the Kirkuk front lines. Tony, a former lieutenant in the Swedish army, is one of these volunteers who has been in Iraqi Kurdistan since September last year. He is commander of the Peshmerga volunteers now. “I wanted to join the Peshmerga because the Kurdish people, back in Sweden recommended (me) to join the Peshmerga,” Tony said. He told Rudaw that the Kurdish Peshmerga as well as the Kurds are “really brave.” According to Peshmerga commanders, many foreigners want to join the Peshmerga in the fight against IS. rudaw.net

http://ekurd.net/iraqi-kurdistan-news-in-brief-july-24-2016-2016-07-24

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:04 am