Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Iran resumes shelling Kurdish villages in Iraqi Kurdistan

rocky

Post by rocky on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 6:06 am

Posted on August 11, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Kurdistan, Military, Security

Iranian artillery. Photo: Alalam

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— Iranian artillery resumed the shelling of Kurdish villages in the sub-district of Sidakan, northeast of Iraqi Kurdistan’s capital, on Thursday.
Iranian artillery shelled the villages of Barbzen in Sidakan sub-district in the district of Soran, some 120 kilometers northeast of Erbil, NRT reported.
The source said that Iranian army helicopters were flying over the area.

The director of the sub-district, Karwan Karim, told NRT that Iranian artillery resumed the shelling at 10 a.m. on Thursday.
“The villagers have been displaced and left their homes due to the bombardment,” Karim added. “The number of casualties is still unknown.”
This is the second time this year that Iranian artillery has shelled villages in Iraqi Kurdistan with the justification of targeting what they believe to be bases belonging to the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran (KDP-I) in the area.
Iranian artillery shelled the Kurdish villages in the sub-district of Sidakan and in Haji Omran on June 26, two days after clashes broke out between KDP-I Peshmerga fighters and Iranian soldiers.
Iran’s top army commander has threatened Iraqi Kurdistan last month, saying that Iran would go beyond its borders to crush ‘terrorist threats’ emanating from groups based inside Kurdish territories. Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government KRG has strongly rejected the threats made by Maj. Gen. Salami
In July, a senior advisor of the Iranian supreme leader issued new warnings against Saudi and Kurdish officials and accused them of “activating” armed opposition groups against Tehran.
Mohsen Rezaei, head of the Expediency Discernment Council, an influential consultative body appointed by Iran’s Supreme Leader, said Riyadh had “set up military bases” in the Kurdistan Region and Pakistan in order to “destabilize” the Islamic Republic.
Several Kurdish groups took up arms to establish a semi-autonomous Kurdish region in Iranian Kurdistan or Kurdish federal states in Iran.
Ever since its emergence in 1979 the Islamic regime imposed discriminatory rules and laws against the Kurds in all social, political and economic fields.
The Kurds in Iran experience discrimination in the enjoyment of their religious, economic and cultural rights. Parents are banned from registering their babies with certain Kurdish names, and religious minorities that are mainly or partially Kurdish are targeted by measures designed to stigmatize and isolate them.
Kurds are also discriminated against in their access to employment, adequate housing and political rights, and so suffer entrenched poverty, which has further marginalized them.

Estimate to over 12 million Kurds live in Iranian Kurdistan.
Following the bombardment, the Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) Council of Ministers issued a statement calling on Ankara and Tehran to end strikes inside the Kurdistan Region’s borders.
Despite the KRG’s call, neither Turkey nor Iran has stopped the shelling of villages in the Kurdistan Region’s border from both countries.

http://ekurd.net/iran-shelling-iraqi-kurdistan-2016-08-11

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:02 am