Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Another American fighting with Syrian Kurds killed in battle against IS

rocky

Post by rocky on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 6:08 am

Posted on August 11, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Kurdistan

Jordan MacTaggart known by his Kurdish comrades as Ciwan Firat, killed in battle against Islamic State in Syria’s Manbij. Photo: MacTaggart/AP

MANBIJ, Syria,— An American warrior fighting alongside the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) in Syrian Kurdistan has been killed in battle against Islamic State (IS) militants in the Syrian city of Manbij.
The YPG said Jordan MacTaggart, a 22-year-old Colorado native man, known by his Kurdish comrades as  Ciwan Firat and was killed in “heroic” combat against IS militants.
“American YPG fighter Jordan MacTaggart KIA few days ago in Manbij,” the group Assisting the Volunteers of Rojava wrote on Facebook. “We have lost a great hero.”

MacTaggart’s father confirmed to Denver7 on Tuesday that YPG contacted his family to tell them their son was killed. No further details have been released about his death.
His parents said MacTaggart left the U.S. in early January to go back to Syria for a second time.
MacTaggart is now the second Colorado resident killed while fighting as part of YPG. An Arvada man, Levi Jonathan Shirley, also died fighting IS last month. His body has yet to be returned to the states.
An article in the Boulder Weekly last year said MacTaggart was previously wounded and thought he was going to die.
MacTaggart told the newspaper he was an atheist, but he said when he researched the YPG, he found they shared many of his values and beliefs. He said he saw traveling to Syria to help them in their struggle against the Islamic State as something productive he could do with his life.
“He was a real character, full of charisma, funny, caring and extremely brave,” Joe Robinson wrote. “On his first trip to Syria he was on an operation where he was shot in the leg and stranded, he did not go home but recovered in hospital there and went back to the fight. Jordan, you were a true hero and you will be missed by many.

“You were a hero,” Kamal Spiecher wrote. “You have traveled along way to fight against terrorism and for the Kurdish case, You will be always remembered in the the freedom history. My condolences to your family and your beloved ones.
Earlier this month a British man and a Slovenian national fighting alongside the Syrian Kurds werekilled during battles against the Islamic State in the city of Manbij.
The powerful Kurdish YPG forces are the most effective group fighting IS in Syria, as the militia has seized swathes of Syria from Islamic State.

http://ekurd.net/american-syrian-kurds-killed-2016-08-11

Current date/time is Wed 07 Dec 2016, 2:40 am