Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

British Consulate concerned by murder of journalist in Iraqi Kurdistan

rocky

Post by rocky on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:42 am

Posted on August 15, 2016 by Editorial Staff in 1 Top News, Journalism

Kurdish journalist Wedat Hussein Ali killed in Iraqi Kurdistan, evidence of torture, Aug. 13, 2016. Photo: SM

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— The British Consulate-General to Iraqi Kurdistan capital of Erbil has expressed concern over the killing of Kurdish journalist Wedat Hussein Ali, whose body was found in Duhok Governorate over the weekend.
The consulate issued a statement on Monday saying the U.K. supports a “thorough investigation” into the kidnapping and death of Roj News journalist.
“We are saddened to hear of the killing of Roj News journalist Wedat Hussein Ali,” the statement read. “A free and independent press is a critical part of any democratic society.”

The Independent Commission for Human Rights in the Kurdistan Region denounced Ali’s kidnapping and murder and called on the authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice.
The commission also urged security institutions to launch a precise investigation into the incident and determine how the journalist was kidnapped and murdered.
Ali, a reporter for the pro-Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) news outlet, Roj News, was found dead on August 13 on the Duhok-Semel highway with reported signs of torture.
Ali, 28, was found dead several hours after giving his brother a ride to work in Duhok’s Melta neighborhood.
Iraqi Kurdistan has been sharply criticised by rights groups for infringing on free speech over the past years.
On January 16, 2016 A Kurdistan advocacy group said that it registered 173 cases of violations against journalists in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region in 2015.
In 2010 the Kurdish journalist Sardasht Osman was critical of the Kurdistan regional government KRG and its head, Massoud Barzani. He found dead later in 2010.

He wrote extensively on how corrupted Barzani’s government has become. But it seems the Barzanis – the powerful tribe which Massoud leads – could not tolerate his criticism, particularly in an article which appeared in the online journal, Kurdistan Post.
Sardasht Osman’s last article, “I am in love with Massoud Barzani’s daughter” was a satire of the privileges you would carry if you did belong to the family of the Kurdish president Barzani.
[size=13]Read more about Freedom of Expression and Journalism in Iraqi Kurdistan[/size]

http://ekurd.net/british-journalist-murder-kurdistan-2016-08-15

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:02 am