Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Iraqi Kurdistan delegation meets Iranian security officials over border issues

rocky

Post by rocky on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:49 am

Posted on August 14, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Kurdistan, Politics

Ali Shamkhani (R), the Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) shakes hands with Karim Sinjari, Minister of Interior in Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government. Photo: IRNA

TEHRAN,— Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) senior security delegation headed by Karim Sinjari, KRG Minister of Interior, is visiting Tehran to discuss security of the borders between the two and recent Iranian shelling on Iraqi Kurdistan Region territory
The KRG delegation met with the Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), Ali Shamkhani, on Sunday to discuss the security situation at Iraqi Kurdistan’s border with Iran.
According to Tasnim News Agency, Shamkhani expressed concern over the movement of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran (KDP-I) Peshmerga at the border.

“Annihilating security of borders is a red line for Islamic Republic of Iran,” Shamkhani said. “The Iranian security forces will deal with any movements which pose a threat to the country’s border.”
Shamkhani stated that maintaining security at the border will strengthen economic cooperation between the Kurdistan Region and Iran, the agency reported.
KRG Minister of Interior, Karim Sinjari said Iraqi Kurdistan will not allow any groups on the border of the Kurdistan Region and Iran to tamper with the security of the border.
The KRG delegation visited Tehran following the bombardment by Iranian artillery of villages inside the Kurdistan Region near the Iranian border on Thursday and the delegation seeks to resolve border issues with Tehran officials.
Despite a previous call from the KRG on June 26 for Iranian forces to end cross-border attacks, Iranian artillery resumed shelling Kurdish villages on Thursday.
In July the Iran’s top army commander has threatened Iraqi Kurdistan, saying that Iran would go beyond its borders to crush ‘terrorist threats’ emanating from groups based inside Kurdish territories.
A senior advisor of the Iranian supreme leader issued new warnings last month against Saudi and Kurdish officials and accused them of “activating” armed opposition groups against Tehran.
Iranian artillery units began shelling villages in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region and targeting what they believed to be bases belonging to the KDP-I in the area.
The KDP-I have attacked Iranian military posts from the mountainous area straddling the Iran-Iraq border in recent months, prompting KRG authorities to urge an end to violence from both sides.

Also last week a high-ranking delegation from Iraq’s Kurdistan Region from the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) headed by Barham Salih visits Tehran and met Iranian officials.
Several Kurdish groups took up arms to establish a semi-autonomous Kurdish region in Iranian Kurdistan or Kurdish federal states in Iran.
Estimate to over 12 million Kurds live in Iranian Kurdistan.

http://ekurd.net/kurdistan-delegation-iran-security-2016-08-14

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 9:44 pm