Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Demonstrators in Kurdistan’s Erbil denounce Kurdish journalist’s murder

rocky

Post by rocky on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 7:24 am

Posted on August 16, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Journalism

Demonstrators in Erbil denounce Kurdish journalist Wedat Hussein Ali’s murder. Photo NRT

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— Journalists and activists gathered in Erbil on Tuesday for a demonstration to denounce the murder of a 28 year-old reporter in the Kurdistan Region’s Duhok Governorate.
The group of demonstrators echoed calls from officials for the region’s security agencies to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
One civil society activist told NRT the group decided to hold its demonstration outside the Independent Commission for Human Rights building in the Kurdistan Region’s capital city to emphasize the organization’s role as a champion for rights.

“I believe what happened is far from human principles and the principles of the Kurdish community,” another activist said. “What has been done against journalists is abhorrent, enough terror!”
Activists said they would pressure the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to end threats and murders against those advocating freedom of expression.
The UN in Iraq has strongly condemned the brutal killing of the Kurdish journalist and called on the KRG to implement urgent measures to guarantee the safety of all journalists and media professionals.
The Independent Commission for Human Rights in the Kurdistan Region denounced the kidnapping and murder of Kurdish journalist Wedat Hussein Ali on August 14 and called on the authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice.
Ali, a reporter for the pro-Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) news outlet, Roj News, was found deadon August 13 on the Duhok-Semel highway in the Kurdistan Region with reported signs of torture.

His body was found dead several hours after giving his brother a ride to work in Duhok’s Melta neighborhood.
Ali’s family said marks of torture covered his body, suggesting he may have been tortured to death.

http://ekurd.net/demonstrators-journalists-murder-2016-08-16

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:09 am