Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Clinton rejects Mexico invitation after Trump's diplomatic ruckus

Lobo
    Lobo

Clinton rejects Mexico invitation after Trump's diplomatic ruckus Empty Clinton rejects Mexico invitation after Trump's diplomatic ruckus

Post by Lobo Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:56 pm

Clinton rejects Mexico invitation after Trump's diplomatic ruckus

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton answers questions from reporters on her campaign plane enroute to a campaign stop in Moline, Illinois, United States September 5, 2016. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Monday she will not accept an invitation from Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto for a visit after rival Donald Trump created what she called a "diplomatic incident" in his foray there.

In a written excerpt from an interview with ABC News that will air Tuesday morning, Clinton simply said "no" when asked if she would travel to Mexico before the election on Nov. 8, without elaborating further.

Her campaign later confirmed her decision.

"We understand and respect her decision to propose the time to hold a meeting," said Mexican Foreign Minister Claudia Ruiz Massieu in a tweet, adding that contact with Clinton's campaign was ongoing.

Pena Nieto extended invitations to both candidates last month, and Trump flew to Mexico City last Wednesday for a meeting that appeared to be friendly but later revealed deep tensions.

Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, has been highly critical of Mexico, saying the country sends rapists and drug dealers to the United States. He has called for a wall to be built on the border that would be paid for by Mexico.

Trump said at a joint news conference with Pena Nieto that they did not discuss who would pay for the wall. Pena Nieto remained silent on the issue at the event, but said later on Twitter that he made it clear Mexico would not pay for the wall.

"He came out saying one thing and the Mexican president contradicted him almost immediately," Clinton, a former U.S. secretary of state, said in the ABC interview.

"He didn't raise it, so he did choke. He didn't know how to even communicate effectively with a head of state. And I think that's a pretty clear outcome from that trip," she added.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-mexico-idUSKCN11C03V

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:29 am