Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Massoud Barzani to divide Mosul post-IS into three provinces: politician

rocky

Post by rocky on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 6:31 am

Posted on September 7, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Mosul, Politics

Massoud Barzani. Photo: AFP

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— Kurdish politician Siru Qadir revealed on Tuesday that Massoud Barzani has proposed a solution for Mosul’s post-Islamic State stage, Asharq Al-Awsat reported.
Barzani’s solution, according to the Kurdish politician, lies in dividing the province into three new separate provinces and holding a referendum in which the citizens decide whether they want to join the region or not.
Qadir also said that during his last visit to Baghdad Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani told Iraqi Prime Ministers and the other Iraqi parties that the solution for problems between Kurdistan and Iraq lies in dividing the region from Iraq.

Moreover, Qadir told Asharq Al-Awsat that a new stage will start after liberating Mosul from IS. “This stage,” according to Qadir, “is considered a dangerous one if there was no prior plan, and Masoud Barzani is stressing on the necessity of providing a plan for post-IS in Mosul since the region cannot return as it was and be threatened by those extremists.
Therefore, Peshmerga forces will not withdraw from the regions they liberated until these regions are put within an administrative framework and their fate is determined.”
Qadir added: “In the meantime, Mosul’s problem has become Iraq’s problem as the only problem remaining for Kurds is in Mosul.”
A Sunni-Shi’ite sectarian war is expected to be waged in Mosul too with the presence of Sunni forces, IS militants group and the arrival of Popular Mobilization militias to the province.

All these pave a way for religious and sectarian conflicts to occur if no prior plan was put to control it and prevent any sectarian bloodshed, Qadir said.
The Kurdish politician further explained that Barzani’s proposal indicates that Mosul should be divided into three separate provinces, each given to Shi’ite Muslims, Sunnis and Kurds.
This proposal is considered the best solution for Nineveh’s current problem, he said.

http://ekurd.net/barzani-divide-mosul-three-2016-09-07

jedi17

Re: Massoud Barzani to divide Mosul post-IS into three provinces: politician

Post by jedi17 on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:47 am

well....this seems at least plausible, get some traction on this and then enter Mosul and Kick some ISIS butt and get this mess over with

duck2000
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Post by duck2000 on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm

the joe biden plan ya thatly work!

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:57 pm

I think the Biden plan has always been in play.

jedi17

Post by jedi17 on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 1:59 pm

@duck2000 wrote:the joe biden plan ya thatly work!
I'm not sure what will work with all the different ethnic groups living there now, and what will happen after they eradicate ISIS from that province, but we do know that they stated they wanted a plan for that area before they enter Mosul, and if it is not a plan from the Kurds who stated they will reclaim all the areas they liberated, then I am not sure the Kurds will agree with a plan proposed by another ethnic group.  But, until there is a plan in place, they have stated they will not enter Mosul.......so please come up with a plan!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 pm

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 6:24 pm