Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Battle for Iraq’s Mosul will be bloody if IS decides to stay and fight: expert

rocky

Post by rocky on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:51 am

Posted on October 3, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Military, Mosul

Ex-Iraqi army chief of staff General Babakir Zebari. Photo: AFP

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— Islamic State (IS) militants will either leave their stronghold of Mosul without major resistance or they will stay and fight a “bloody war,” according to the veteran Kurdish commander, Babaker Zebari, who also served as the chief of staff of the Iraqi army.
“IS has said they declared their Caliphate in Mosul and if they were to lose it they would lose it in Mosul, which is why I predict that if they fight, there will be a bloody and heavy war,” Zebari told Rudaw.
The city is virtually under complete siege by the Iraqi and Kurdish forces, with only one escape route available for the militants to leave the city for the Syrian border.

According to an Iraqi military expert who has studied IS capabilities to defend Mosul, the group has limited resources to resort to.
Ihasan Qaisson told Rudaw that IS has already dug several ditches around the city which it will use against incursion attempts by coalition forces.
“The group has already placed a great quantity of crude oil in many of the ditches, which they will set on fire to distract visibility for coalition warplanes targeting IS bases in the city,” Qaisson said.
A large-scale military operation to liberate the Iraqi city of Mosul from Islamic State group is due to start in October, Said Mamuzini, a representative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party KDP in Mosul,told Sputnik.
French warplanes are flying over Iraq after the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier rejoined the U.S.-led fight against Islamic State extremists — and as the coalition prepares to try to take back the key city of Mosul.
In August U.S. General Joe Votel, head of the US military’s Central Command said that Coalition-backed Iraqi forces can retake the key northern city of Mosul from the Islamic State group by the end of the year.

http://ekurd.net/mosul-battle-bloody-2016-10-03

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:33 am