Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

My Brothers and Sisters

csd9013
    csd9013

My Brothers and Sisters Empty My Brothers and Sisters

Post by csd9013 Sat 22 Oct 2016, 6:05 am

Today's Reading: Matthew 25:31-40 http://bit.ly/2dYRWjj

"Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." —Matthew 25:40

Several years ago when the Southern California economy took a downturn, Pastor Bob Johnson saw not only difficulty but also opportunity. So he scheduled a meeting with the mayor of his city and asked, “What can our church do to help you?” The mayor was astonished. People usually came to him for help. Here was a minister offering him the services of an entire congregation.

Together the mayor and pastor came up with a plan to address several pressing needs. In their county alone, more than 20,000 seniors had gone the previous year without a single visitor. Hundreds of foster children needed families. And many other kids needed tutoring to help them succeed in school.

Some of those needs could be addressed without much financial investment, but they all required time and interest. And that’s what the church had to give.

Jesus told His disciples about a future day in which He would say to His faithful followers, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance” (Matt. 25:34). He also said they would express surprise at their reward. Then He would tell them, “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me” (v. 40). 

God’s kingdom work gets done when we give generously of the time, love, and resources He has provided us. —Tim Gustafson

What lonely person is the Spirit bringing to your mind right now? Can you visit them, call, or write? What young person in your life could use some of your time and attention?

Giving isn’t just for the wealthy; it’s for all of us.
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

My Brothers and Sisters Empty Re: My Brothers and Sisters

Post by fonz1951 Sat 22 Oct 2016, 8:13 pm

amen. we all should look around and see what we can do to help others.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:29 pm