Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Hearing God

csd9013
    csd9013

Hearing God Empty Hearing God

Post by csd9013 Sun 30 Oct 2016, 5:43 am

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 3:1-10 

"Samuel said, 'Speak for your servant is listening.;" —1 Samuel 3:10
    I felt like I was underwater, sounds muffled and muted by a cold and allergies. For weeks I struggled to hear clearly. My condition made me realize how much I take my hearing for granted.

Young Samuel in the temple must have wondered what he was hearing as he struggled out of sleep at the summons of his name (1 Sam. 3:4). Three times he presented himself before Eli, the high priest. Only the third time did Eli realize it was the Lord speaking to Samuel. The word of the Lord had been rare at that time (v. 1), and the people were not in tune with His voice. But Eli instructed Samuel how to respond (v. 9).

The Lord speaks much more now than in the days of Samuel. The letter to the Hebrews tells us, “In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets . . . but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son” (1:1–2). And in Acts 2 we read of the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (vv. 1–4), who guides us in the things Christ taught us (John 16:13). But we need to learn to hear His voice and respond in obedience. Like me with my cold, we may hear as if underwater. We need to test what we think is the Lord’s guidance with the Bible and with other mature Christians. As God’s beloved children, we do hear His voice. He loves to speak life into us. —Amy
     Boucher Pye

Open our eyes, Lord, that we might see You. Open our ears, that we may hear You. Open our mouths, that we might speak Your praise.

The Lord speaks to His children, but we need to discern His voice.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Hearing God Empty Re: Hearing God

Post by Neno Sun 30 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

And in Acts 2 we read of the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (vv. 1–4), who guides us in the things Christ taught us (John 16:13). But we need to learn to hear His voice and respond in obedience.

That's huge. I just this week said to some friends your not a Christian till you receive the holy spirit from our serman last week. What a wake up call. I know in Romans 8 the Lord tells what we must not do. I'll have to rewatch to find what where it says what we MUST do.

http://cowboyfaith.org/mobile---sermons/when-does-spiritual-life-begin/248/

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:19 pm