Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Japanese journalist Kosuke Tsuneoka detained in Iraqi Kurdistan

rocky

Post by rocky on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 4:27 am

Posted on November 1, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Journalism, Security

Kosuke Tsuneoka, a Japanese freelance journalist. Photo: Asahi.com

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— A Japanese freelance journalist Kosuke Tsuneoka, who is in Iraq covering the battle to retake the Islamic State-held city of Mosul, has been detained by authorities in Iraqi Kurdistan, the Foreign Ministry confirmed Monday.
The 47-year-old journalist  was taken into custody by the Kurdish Peshmerga forces of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) several days ago in a Kurdish-controlled area in northern Iraq close to Mosul. He is suffering from no injuries, according to the ministry.
The KRG is fighting the IS in and around the area. Tsuneoka was apparently covering the battle there.

A Twitter account believed to be managed by Tsuneoka was last updated on Thursday of last week, with some posts indicating he is in Iraq.
The journalist previously covered the fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. He was abducted by a militant group in Afghanistan in April 2010 and freed later in the year.
He is an acquaintance of Japanese freelance journalist Junpei Yasuda, who is believed to have been detained by a different militant group after entering civil war-torn Syria in June 2015.

http://ekurd.net/japanese-tsuneoka-kurdistan-2016-11-01

Current date/time is Wed 07 Dec 2016, 2:39 am