Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Self-breaking vehicles - technology varies

Lobo
    Lobo

Self-breaking vehicles - technology varies Empty Self-breaking vehicles - technology varies

Post by Lobo Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:28 pm

Self-Braking Vehicles Get Tested - AAA, together with the Automobile Club of Southern California's Automotive Research Center, recently tested five vehicles with different kinds of automatic emergency braking, or AEB. This technology that can help cars automatically mitigate or even avoid crashes is on its way to widespread use. Discover how effective these systems are and how they affect drivers.

Many automotive safety technologies started out as high-end options before becoming industry standards. Recent examples include anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control, and another is on its way to widespread use: automatic emergency braking, or AEB. Twenty automakers have pledged to make AEB a standard feature on almost all new cars by September 2022.

AEB systems use radar, cameras, and lasers to watch for an imminent forward collision with another vehicle. If the system detects one, it warns the driver via some combination of sound, lights, and vibration. If the driver doesn’t react in time, AEB automatically activates the brakes to avoid a crash, or to reduce the severity if a crash is unavoidable. Some AEB systems can also detect pedestrians.

Currently, the term “automatic emergency braking” encompasses two related systems—depending on the vehicle model, AEB may include one or both:

USE LINK -

http://www.calif.aaa.com/home/automotive/maintain-vehicles/automotive-research-center/aeb.html?zip=92626&area=email_ENewsletter110116&cid=094423398090333&jid=30564499

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:02 pm