Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

ice fishing toy

jedi17
    jedi17

ice fishing toy Empty ice fishing toy

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:32 pm

ice fishing toy 20161210
    ice fishing toy 20161211[url=https://servimg.com/view/13381847/6]ice fishing toy 20161210
    ice fishing toy 20161211[/url]

my new toy to get me out on the ice for fishing!!  lucky me :)
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

ice fishing toy Empty Re: ice fishing toy

Post by zimi31 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm

Wow, look at you!!! Probably not lucky, bet you worked hard to have that little. beauty in your possession.    fish
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:38 pm

By the way is that boat house in your avatar yours?
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:40 pm

lol...i have worked for it, but it is what i need to get out on the lakes around here.  It is not the fastest machine out there, but instead it is geared low for for work, has a long and wide track for deep snow so i should not have trouble with deep snow or slush, and of course.....hand warmers!!!
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:41 pm

no, the boat house was a pic I snapped while in Newfoundland a couple of years ago
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:45 pm

jedi17 wrote:lol...i have worked for it, but it is what i need to get out on the lakes around here.  It is not the fastest machine out there, but instead it is geared low for for work, has a long and wide track for deep snow so i should not have trouble with deep snow or slush, and of course.....hand warmers!!!

It looks heavy...but I am sure the ice will be able to support it. How did you get out for ice fishing in the past?
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:50 pm

On the main lake here in North Bay we are able to drive our trucks out for the most part, until the snow get to deep, but some are lucky and the Ice Hut rental guys will plow roads out to some areas.  We have used Quads and snow machines, and at times we walk out depending where we put our ice shack on any given year.  Our ice shack is 8 feet by 8 feet and has a wood stove, so essentially it is a Sauna on ice with 3 holes in it to fish...lol.

There are so many lakes in this area, you can fish for anything from walleye, perch, pike, lake trout, salmon, small and large mouth bass to sturgeon and musky.  There are several different type of trout in this area.....and you can fish for any of these within a 15 minute drive of my front door.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:03 pm

jedi17 wrote:On the main lake here in North Bay we are able to drive our trucks out for the most part, until the snow get to deep, but some are lucky and the Ice Hut rental guys will plow roads out to some areas.  We have used Quads and snow machines, and at times we walk out depending where we put our ice shack on any given year.  Our ice shack is 8 feet by 8 feet and has a wood stove, so essentially it is a Sauna on ice with 3 holes in it to fish...lol.

There are so many lakes in this area, you can fish for anything from walleye, perch, pike, lake trout, salmon, small and large mouth bass to sturgeon and musky.  There are several different type of trout in this area.....and you can fish for any of these within a 15 minute drive of my front door.

Wow, I just got an education!!!I don't fish and in fact don't eat it,allergic. But I never imagined what a big deal it is to ice fish. I thought you walked out to a spot dug a hole in the ice and fished LOL. When you go I am guessing you plan it out so that you can spend a lot of time...it must take quite a while to get there, set up an ice shack etc. This is incredible. I don't know where North Bay is, but I just remembered when I was a kid I used to go to Rice Lake with my family for a 'fishing trip', imagine my joy. Do you know where that is?
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:14 pm

lol...we take our ice shack out the first day we can get out on the ice and it is safe, set it up and leave it there till about mid march, then we take it off before the lake get too slushy.   We use gas ice augers to get through the ice as there is about 18" - 36" of ice by the end of the season.  It really is not all that much work once the shack is out there, it is just a great way to fish in the winter while staying warm

I have no idea where rice lake is, but if there is fish, then it is fun!!  We eat fish at times, right now though it is hunting season, so there is deer, moose and partridge...
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

jedi17 wrote:lol...we take our ice shack out the first day we can get out on the ice and it is safe, set it up and leave it there till about mid march, then we take it off before the lake get too slushy.   We use gas ice augers to get through the ice as there is about 18" - 36" of ice by the end of the season.  It really is not all that much work once the shack is out there, it is just a great way to fish in the winter while staying warm

I have no idea where rice lake is, but if there is fish, then it is fun!!  We eat fish at times, right now though it is hunting season, so there is deer, moose and partridge...

What fun, didn't realize you  could set up and then leave it for the season.. Now it's hunting season...I think when the dinar becomes real money, you will have no problem retiring...you have plenty to do to keep busy. I'm guessing you don't have a family, or you probably wouldn't have much time if you did.  I'll get a fix on Rice Lake and let you know...probably no where near where you are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content