Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Clinton blasts 'epidemic' of fake news

Lobo
    Lobo

Clinton blasts 'epidemic' of fake news Empty Clinton blasts 'epidemic' of fake news

Post by Lobo Thu 08 Dec 2016, 5:42 pm

Clinton blasts 'epidemic' of fake news
    By Harper Neidig - 12/08/16 04:48 PM EST

Hillary Clinton on Thursday decried the spread of fake news online, calling it an “epidemic” that Congress should take action against.
    “The epidemic of malicious fake news and false propaganda that flooded social media over the past year — it’s now clear the so-called fake news can have real-world consequences,” Clinton said during a speech on Capitol Hill.
    Some Democrats have argued the spread of anti-Clinton fake news online contributed to her electoral loss to Donald Trump.
    The issue has received renewed attention this week after a gunman entered a pizzeria in Washington that was at the center of a false viral conspiracy theory that alleged it was home to a pedophilia ring operated by Clinton and her inner circle.
    “This isn’t about politics or partisanship,” Clinton continued during her speech Thursday at a ceremony honoring retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).
    “Lives are at risk — lives of ordinary people just trying to go about their days, to do their jobs, contribute to their communities.”
    “It’s a danger that must be addressed and addressed quickly,” she said.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309532-clinton-blasts-epidemic-of-fake-news

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:04 pm