Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Improved Blood and Sand

Lobo
    Lobo

Improved Blood and Sand Empty Improved Blood and Sand

Post by Lobo Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:30 pm

Improved Blood and Sand Img3l
    Improved Blood and Sand

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 1
    Charles Joly, winner of the James Beard award for Best Bar Program at his Chicago cocktail lounge, puts his own spin on the classic cocktail known as the Blood and Sand, dialing up the proportion of Scotch and adding a bit of lemon juice and simple syrup for a cocktail that’s both a bit more sophisticated and a little less sweet than the traditional version.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) Scotch
    • 3/4 oz. (20 ml) Cherry Heering
    • 3/4 oz. (20 ml) sweet vermouth
    • 3/4 oz. (20 ml) fresh orange juice
    • 1/4 oz. (7 ml) fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 oz./ (7 ml) simple syrup
    • 1 orange

Directions:

In a cocktail shaker, combine the Scotch, Cherry Heering, sweet vermouth, orange juice, lemon juice and simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.

Using a paring knife, cut from the orange a piece of peel about the size of a half dollar, leaving a bit of the pith intact. Save the rest of the orange for another use. Light a match and hold it over the surface of the cocktail. Holding the orange peel between the thumb and forefinger of the opposite hand, sharply squeeze the peel so that the oils from the peel are propelled through the flame and into the glass. Drop the peel into the glass or discard. Serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Recipe courtesy of Charles Joly of Crafthouse Cocktails

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 6:46 am