Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy

jedi17
    jedi17

Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy Empty Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy

Post by jedi17 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 8:34 pm

Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy

Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy 8c28360d56e3996b8c37d8cc347b00a2

If you’re a pro baseball player, turning 24 could very well mean every single birthday cliché: a dark nightclub, bottle service, designer this and that.
    If you’re Dalton Pompey, Toronto Blue Jays outfielder, turning 24 was more about gift cards than nightclubs and helping the needy before making sure all your boys pop bottles.
    For his birthday on Sunday, Pompey bought a handful of gift cards to Tim Hortons and walked around downtown Toronto, handing them out to the needy — a paying-it-forward idea that was even more heart-warming considering it’s the holiday season and snow is on the ground in Toronto.

Meet the MLB player who spent his birthday giving presents to the needy 15306131_1246155338777262_4907496423446020096_n

So today's my 24th birthday and unlike any other birthday I decided to do something a little different. Instead of spending a ton of money having a huge birthday party at a restaurant or bar. I decided to take some of that money, buy some Tim cards and walk around Toronto handing them out to the less fortunate. I have a lot to be thankful for in my life and there's no better way for me to thank God for blessing me than trying to make someone else's day. There's no better gift than the gift of kindness! Thanks to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday and helped me in some capacity throughout my life and shoutout to @itsmatthewromeo for the inspiration to do this! #giveyourday

Here’s the caption Pompey posted along with the above photo on Instagram:
    So today’s my 24th birthday and unlike any other birthday I decided to do something a little different. Instead of spending a ton of money having a huge birthday party at a restaurant or bar. I decided to take some of that money, buy some Tim cards and walk around Toronto handing them out to the less fortunate. I have a lot to be thankful for in my life and there’s no better way for me to thank God for blessing me than trying to make someone else’s day. There’s no better gift than the gift of kindness! Thanks to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday and helped me in some capacity throughout my life and shoutout to @itsmatthewromeo for the inspiration to do this! #giveyourday
    It’s fair to note that while he makes more money than the average person, Pompey isn’t exactly rich by baseball standards. He made $507,500 last season, the major-league minimum, while playing mostly in Triple-A for the Blue Jays. In 2015, he played 34 games at the big-league level. Last year, eight. So he’s not exactly pulling in one of those $80 million deals we’ve seen handed out in the past week.
    Still, Pompey is from Mississauga, which neighbors Toronto, so he knows the community he’s trying to help — even if it’s through something as simple as a gift card for a hot cup of coffee and something to eat on a cold day.

It would be fantastic if Pompey inspired other baseball players, whether they make the big-league minimum or 50 times more, to adopt this idea on their birthdays.

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:55 am