Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

ABB secures contract to improve smart grid development in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

ABB secures contract to improve smart grid development in Iraq Empty ABB secures contract to improve smart grid development in Iraq

Post by Rocky Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:07 am

ABB secures contract to improve smart grid development in Iraq

EBR Staff Writer Published 04 July 2013

Switzerland-based automation and power firm ABB has won an order from LS Industrial Systems (LSIS) to deliver a utility communications solution, which will serve seven electricity distribution control centers in Iraq.

As per the deal, ABB will deliver a communications system, which will transmit data from 428 distribution substations and 150 maintenance centers in the grid to seven regional control centers.

The system will feature broadband wireless radios to carry both data and voice transmissions, over distances in excess of 50km to support the identification, isolation and resolution of faults.

ABB said wireless communication is well-suited to challenging terrains and built-up areas.

The project is part of an infrastructure improvement initiative currently being carried out by the Ministry of Electricity in Iraq.

Under the project, the ministry intends to set up a dependable power network to support economic and social development in Iraq.

ABB Network Management business unit head Jens Birgersson said the establishment of an effective communications system is key to the reliability and efficiency of the grid.

"The breadth of our portfolio and expertise in smart grid technologies enables us to provide a multicomponent system from a single source," Birgersson added.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:11 am