Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Braised Black Kale with White Beans and Smoked Ham

Lobo
    Lobo

Braised Black Kale with White Beans and Smoked Ham Empty Braised Black Kale with White Beans and Smoked Ham

Post by Lobo Thu 22 Dec 2016, 6:47 pm

Braised Black Kale with White Beans and Smoked Ham Img68l
    Braised Black Kale with White Beans and Smoked Ham

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 13 minutes
    Servings: 4
    High-quality ham contributes a smoky, meaty flavor that mimics long cooking in this quick braise of peppery black kale, or cavalo nero. Creamy, earthy beans and woodsy fresh rosemary combine to create a satisfying dish that can even be served as a main course.

Ingredients:

• 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans
    • 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    • 4 oz. smoked ham such as Black Forest, diced
    • Leaves from 2 bunches black kale, about 1 lb. total, torn into 2-inch pieces
    • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    • Pinch of sea salt, plus more, to taste
    • Pinch of freshly ground pepper, plus more, to taste
    • 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary

Directions:

Drain the beans, rinse them and drain again.

In a fry pan over medium-low heat, warm the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the ham and sauté for 1 minute more. Add the kale, cover the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until the kale leaves just begin to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth, salt and pepper, and cook until the leaves are just tender and the liquid has almost evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the beans and rosemary to the pan and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing gently, until the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.

Taste and adjust the seasonings and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Vegetables, by Jodi Liano (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:19 am