Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Switzerland beats Czech Republic in OT

jedi17
    jedi17

Switzerland beats Czech Republic in OT Empty Switzerland beats Czech Republic in OT

Post by jedi17 Tue 27 Dec 2016, 7:56 pm

Switzerland beats Czech Republic in OT

MONTREAL — Nico Hischier scored in overtime to lead Switzerland past the Czech Republic 4-3 on Tuesday in the preliminary round of the world junior hockey championship.
    Loic In Albon opened scoring for the Swiss (1-0-0) near the midway point of the game. Calvin Thurkauf and Damien Riat also scored for Switzerland.
    Filip Chlapik forced extra time for the Czechs (1-0-1), scoring his second goal of the game with just 16 seconds left to play in the third period. Radek Koblizek added the other goal, while Michael Spacek and Jakub Zboril each contributed two assists.
    Goalie Joren van Pottelberghe made 36 saves for the win. Jakub Skarek stopped 18 shots for the Czech Republic.

After a scoreless first period, In Albon scored at 9:19 mark of the second. Thurkauf then made it 2-0 for Switzerland by the second intermission.
    Koblizek got the Czechs on the scoreboard early in the third, followed by Riat's goal to re-establish Switzerland's two-goal lead.
    Chlapik then had back-to-back goals 9:03 apart to tie it 3-3 and force overtime.
    The 17-year-old Hischier, a potential top-10 overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft, finished with three points in the game.
    The last time Switzerland won a preliminary-round game was two years ago in Toronto, and it was a 5-2 win over the Czechs.

Switzerland's next opponent is Sweden on Wednesday, and the Czechs will take on Denmark on Thursday.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:23 am